Guidelines and Application
1. Submit Photovoltaic (PV) application, Net Metering Payment Agreement, Interconnection Agreement, a single line diagram, Net Metering Equipment Specification sheet, and a copy of the system contract and/or sales proposal. The following application fee will also be required in the form of a check:
- $600 for residential projects
- $1,200 for non-residential projects
2. The application can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Energy Resources/Solar PV
3321 Franklin Road
Merced, CA 95340
3. MID will process the application packet. Merced Irrigation District will then issue an approval to proceed with construction if all requirements are satisfied.
4. MID will perform an inspection (after the City/County Code inspection). MID will have a meter placed for the new PV system. Customers will receive a Permission to Operate (PTO) once the installation has been inspected and approved. Systems may not be turned on until PTO has been issued.
5. MID will establish a customer account.
To apply for interconnection, the following documents will need to be submitted:
NET ENERGY METERING — The net energy metering rate schedule is applicable to all residential, small commercial (under 20 kW), commercial, industrial, or agricultural customers, who use a solar electrical generating facility with a capacity of not more than one megawatt that is located on the customer’s owned, leased, or rented premises, is interconnected and operates in parallel with the District’s electric grid, and is intended primarily to offset part or all of the customer’s own electrical requirements.
NEM 1.0 RATE – CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS
NEM 2.0 RATE – OPEN TO NEW APPLICATIONS
Interested in learning more about our solar rates?
744 W. 20th Street, Merced, CA 95340
PHONE: (209) 354-2857